AI project: "world state" seems to be required.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Sat Sep 7 21:32:54 UTC 2002

I have been looking at the possibility of using a raw paste-up morph
without a world state. It doesn't appear to be viable because there
doesn't appear to be a way to have the facility of hands and the control
of time through the manipulation of the time stepping without it.

Now that I know that I can obtain a copy of the screen without
"ImageMorph" the necessity or utility of image morph is unclear.

My previous question about how to "start the clock" of world morph and
cause it to function so that it can support normal squeak functionality
(or some restricted version thereof) remains open.

I have not devoted very much time to the project reciently which is why
this response has been somewhat delayed.

My usual review of the project's requirements follows:

AI testbench is to be a medium for communication between human and AI
and must also ficilitate the development and growth of said AI.

It must provide the AI with the ability to interract with sequeak
software in a fairly ordinary manner as well as the ability to
comumnicate with the user/teacher.

The system will function through a system by which the AI will recive
input from the screen and have the ability to move a mouse "hand" as
well as type on an immaginary keyboard.

--
Latancy is your enemy.
Bandwidth is your friend.