[Job] Squeak for NewtonOS?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Sep 9 22:23:26 UTC 2002

mmm I've a newton 120 I might sell for about $250. But I did go back
and look in the archives for people who worked on the newton squeak
port.

Re:

&

From: "Dwight Hughes" <dwighth at ipa.net>
Date: Fri Oct 10, 1997  10:47:00  AM US/Pacific

Paul is the one to check with, and of course Dwight. I seem to remember
talking to Paul at an oopsla way back about the port and there was some
really ugly issues in matching up the user events to what squeak wanted
but maybe it's worth remember where that port went...

On Monday, September 9, 2002, at 02:10  PM, Aaron J Reichow wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for someone to port Squeak, hopefully a 3.0-era VM to
> Newton
> OS 2.x.  I could try to do it myself, but let's just say that doing
> C-ish
> work isn't my thing.  I'm an aspiring biologist, not a programmer.
> However, a version of Squeak for the Newton is worth a lot to me, but
> I am
> a mere undergrad student, paying his own way through school, so I don't
> have a lot of money to contract this project out- but I would if I
> could.
> The most I could really afford is around $250.
>
> I know there's only a miniscule probability that anyone will be
> interested
> in taking this job, but if there's any way I could return to the Newton
> platform, I figure it's worth posting this. :)
>
> Also, let me apologize for the goofiness of this request- I assure you,
> I'm not insane, just a little attached to both of my favorite computing
> platform- Newton OS and Smalltalk.
>
> Cheers,
>  Aaron
>
>   Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
> "one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws"  :: m. l. king
> jr.

===