[ENH] workspaceBindingsViewer

Lex Spoon squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue Sep 10 04:39:50 UTC 2002

Nick Brown <maillist at bredon-gill.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I hit a small bug, though.
>
> 1.	open a new workspace
> 2.	show variable bindings
> 3.	x :=3D 5 (doit)
>
> ...causes a subscript out of bounds error. The method
> WorkspaceBindingsInspector>>bindingsChanged can't handle the instvar
> selectionIndex being zero. I took a look through the methods which
> store into selectionIndex, and there are about 6 of them that set this
> to zero, so I suppose we really ought to handle it....    ;-)
>
> I modified the method to give it the same behaviour for
> (selectionIndex =3D zero) as it already has for (selectionIndex isNil).

You're right, 0 is the normal value for "no selection".  I'm not even
sure that nil is a possibility.  I'll try and send another changeset out
in a week or two, but will wait a little while in case more bugs appear.
 In the meantime, you can hide the variables pane and then re-show it to
get around this.

-Lex