Squeak on Mac OS X v10.2.1

John M McIntosh squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Sep 22 20:39:12 UTC 2002

You should upgrade to 3.2.8 why?

Starting in 3.2.7b3 we build the VM using patchs to enable globals as a
structure. This improves performance by 10%

Alain Fischer added logic to fetch os-x version number and to enable
you to put squeak.image in the resource folder for autostarting.
Fix busted lowresclock again. After 24 days of mac uptime, 3.2.6 squeak
will hang.
Cange vmpath to resolve to classic VM if vm is moved from MacOSClassic
folder
Fixed a problem in path name resolving need to use UTF8 to properly
interact with high ascii characters
Fixed a problem in path name resolving there was a bug with certain
types of alias path name combinations in quick name resolving.

A pending VM I've sitting on my desk top (3.2.9) fixes a problem
introduced in os-x 10.2.1 where show and hide the menu bar via command
tabbing in full screen fails to work as expected.

On Sunday, September 22, 2002, at 12:04  PM, Duane T Williams wrote:

> I'm running 3.2.6b8.  I guess it's not a Squeak problem.  I rebooted
> Mac OS
> X and the problem seems to have disappeared for now.
>
> 	Duane

===