[ENH] OptionalWarningForMacOSFileNameLength-dgd

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Apr 2 22:31:28 UTC 2003

Hi, seems my email server is a bit slow and mail messages are crossing
paths, I don't have a problem with checking for 31, but will point out
perhaps the check should be for 31-4 so one can later create foo.cs.zip
from the foo.cs. So the code below is ok, just watch the assumptions
about how long the file name actually will be once it gets to the point
of mailing, versus filing out.

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 10:46  AM,
<diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> This check (file name length greater than 31) is in the image before my
> change.
>
> I assume the warning is to avoid problems transferring files between
> platforms. (See the specific error message in this method).
>
> The check could be:
>
>    Preferences warningForFileNameLength and: [(FileDirectory
> allSubclasses
> collect:[:each | each maxFileNameLength]) anySatisfy:[:each | nameToUse
> size > each]]
>
> and the error message could be:
>
>   (nameToUse , '\has ' , nameToUse size asString , ' letters - too
> long for
> some OS.\Suggested replacement is:')
>
> What do you think?
>
> Diego