[ENH][Refactor] PLMCleanUpStart (v2)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Aug 12 04:17:33 UTC 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 08:58 AM, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> Since highlighting is done by the list morph anyway, that can be fixed
> by changing PLM>>drawOn:. But the ballon help is handle by the item
> morph, so its harder to cheat there. I guess we're running into a more
> general issue - who determines the items effective width, the list or
> the item. This will be more complicated when we have general morphs in
> there. Either way, if we want the StringMorph case to stay width: 9999,
> thats trivial too.

Just to throw in my 2 cents again, I think we really should get rid of
the width: 9999 if at all reasonably possible.  It sounds like Eddie's
changeset maintains the highlight-the-whole-line behavior, which I
agree would be good to keep.

For the balloon help, IMHO I think it would be reasonable if you had to
hover over the string itself, if it proves to messy to maintain the
current behavior of hovering anywhere on the line.  (Actually I'm
having trouble finding a place in the image where balloon help is used
on PLM strings...)

- Doug