[BUG]? Upgrade to full image script behavior

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Aug 12 04:45:12 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, August 6, 2003, at 01:11 PM, Thomas A Petersen wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I updated my beta image to 5387 from the posted 5373 baseline on my
> Win2K
> system.  I set a subdirectory to my Squeak directory as the download
> destination.  Then I ran the upgrade to the full image.
>
> I received several deprecation warnings and told it to proceed each
> time.
> Everything loaded OK.  If the warnings are going to stay in the final
> upgrade to full process, you might want to warn the user at the start
> that
> they are coming.  This should make it more comfortable to less
> experienced
> newbies.

The plan is to have the full packages properly fixed by the time we get
to 3.6final so that there should be no deprecated warnings.  (Could you
tell which package was giving you the warnings?)

> I also noticed that only the upgrade script landed in the specified
> directory.  All of the other subparts of the upgrade script landed in
> my
> main Squeak directory.  Is this the intended behavior?

Yes, although SqueakMap v2 will address this somewhat... it will no
longer put packages in the main Squeak directory (to my understanding).

- Doug