Got VMMaker now what?

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Tue Aug 12 15:49:28 UTC 2003

Ned Konz wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 August 2003 08:13 am, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I got VMMaker, got the latest cvs from sourceforge for Cross and
>>unix. I generated All.
>>
>>Now what do I need to do to compile all of this?
>>
>>I did not find any config or make files.
>

> Not even in platforms/unix/config ?
>
> Look at the platforms/unix/doc directory.
> Ian has written a very good set of instructions.
>
> Also you might want to read the platforms/unix/README file.

Hi Ned,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have the config above. I was looking in the generated sources
directory for the config and make.

Now I'm confused.

I have the generated sources directory which is
/home/jimmie/Squeak/images/src
and my cvs directory
/usr/local/src/squeak/platforms/unix

If I compile from the cvs directory, what did VMMaker do?
What is the purpose of the generated source?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jimmie Houchin