About Flow in Squeak 3.X

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 2 22:00:02 UTC 2003

> Hi Stef--
>
>> Thanks craig for this email. My gut feeling impression is that 4.0 is
>> far in the future for me.
>
> 	Does that mean that if there were a minimal-snapshot-plus modules
> system available right now, it would still be a while before you could
> use it? Just curious.

Now but right now we saw nothing :) and it takes a lot of times and
effort to
make think moving. Finally tomorrow a rich company can also offer you
to work for it in the dark side :)
for a lot of $ (I wish you that). and bye bye squat flow....That's why
I do not count in year.

>> So may be if someone is willing to do that it would be a good idea to
>> have Flow sooner.
>
> 	I actually think it'd be better to obviate any reasons to stay with
> the
> accreted snapshot. :)  Making major changes in the old snapshot will
> just slow that down.

I could not understand that block :)

>> I understand that you want to focus on something else, still I'm a
>> bit afraid that this will not happen (but may be this is my dark
>> face that is talking).
>
> 	Well, it's already happening from a technical perspective. :)  I guess
> there's some question as to whether it'll be Squeak or something else,
> sure. That's part of the planning I'd like to do now.

I understand. The only thing I can tell you is that we are interested.
I culd ask guys from here to have a look and buiild stuff on it but
they should be able to play with it first. but you decide your plans