Q about seaside categories

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Dec 7 20:19:18 UTC 2003

On Dec 7, 2003, at 5:17 AM, Martin Kuball wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Why does seaside use a "/" to name its caegroies instead of a "-"?
> This way
> we would only have 1 top level categorie for seaside instead of  30
> (or so).

I don't see how we would go from 30 to 1 - no matter how you name them,
there will always be 30 system categories that will all show up in the
normal Browser.  We could go from 5 to 1, since that's how many top
level categories show up in the PackagePaneBrowser.  That was
intentional -  I'd rather have 5 top level categories of 6 items each
than 1 with 30 items.  However, I do realize that this becomes more
annoying and less useful the less you work with Seaside.  Does anyone
have any suggestions?  Has anyone done a PackagePaneBrowser with a tree
widget in the leftmost column?