Need Hardening Help

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Sat Dec 13 04:05:06 UTC 2003

I have a Squeak image which I'm trying to harden in preparation for
presenting as a "kiosk" in a forthcoming exhibition. I *think* I've
correctly followed the instructions in

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/778

(using Preferences disableProgrammerFacilities.)

I'm finding that it seems to have no effect. After carrying out this
procedure, saying yes to the prompt, and giving a new image name, the
resulting image still responds to mouse-up on a blank spot of the world
with a menu, halos are accessible with command-click, etc. In short, it's
no more hardened that the image I started with. Help, what am I doing wrong

Details: Mac OS X (10.2.8), VM Squeak 3.6.1Beta5, image
Squeak3.6-5424-full.image with my own projects and fonts loaded (this was
freshly downloaded just before US Thanksgiving). I'm not running into any
other puzzling things that don't work in this environment.

The description on the Swiki page with URL above *sounds like* the
Preferences disableProgrammerFacilities procedure will do exactly what I
need. Is there any trick to getting this to work?

-T.i.A., Jim

---
 Jim Rosenberg                      http://www.well.com/user/jer/
     WELL: jer