[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Jul 24 19:49:20 UTC 2003

On 24 Jul 2003, Cees de Groot wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 21:11, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> > Nor does Cees'
> > solution necessarily work since GETting a collection is undefined as I
> > understand it.  Some servers return an HTML page and then you have to
> > crawl the page (ick)
>
> So, the single prerequisite for MC stores becomes: you must return a
> parseable (as I described it) index. Duh. That lets Comanche and Apache
> qualify, I can live with that 'limitation'...
>
> Actually, supporting PUT is the bigger challenge here :-)

Yeah, I think that's pretty reasonable.  The only thing is that it would
be nice if it were sorted by date (yes Cees, I know you have apache
configured to do that, but not everyone does ;).  I was playing with CGI
scripts that do something like

ls -1t *.mcv | head

to get a listing of most the recently published versions... but it would
certainly be nicer to use the built in directory listing.