[ANN] Monticello Versioning

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Jul 24 19:51:49 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 21:11, Julian Fitzell wrote:
>
>>Nor does Cees'
>>solution necessarily work since GETting a collection is undefined as I
>>understand it.  Some servers return an HTML page and then you have to
>>crawl the page (ick)
>

> So, the single prerequisite for MC stores becomes: you must return a
> parseable (as I described it) index. Duh. That lets Comanche and Apache
> qualify, I can live with that 'limitation'...
>
> Actually, supporting PUT is the bigger challenge here :-)

Oh, I'm not faulting your suggestion - it may actually be the only
solution.  I'm just proclaiming that to be a flaw with the DAV protocol,
if that is the case.  Personally, I'm intending to start work on a
slightly heavier-weight server using XMLRPC that will actually handle
sending out commit emails, tagging versions, etc.  We aren't convinced
at work that a DAV server will scale to meet our needs (not that it
shouldn't exist - just that it won't be the only option).

Julian