Monticello should have some UI extension hooks

Stephen Pair stephen at pairhome.net
Mon Jul 28 13:01:27 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

>I think Monticello could be a good base on which to hang various package
>level code management functions. Currently, since the browser don't
>recognize packages, there's nowhere to put them.
>
>I'm talking about things like the "recover related code from that
>changeset" feature I sent it back then, but also about external stuff
>like "use MudPie to visualize this package". I'm sure you have your own
>tools that are just begging to have something like that.
>
>Daniel

One possibility for adding extensibility is to create a Monticello UI
using the StarBrowser.  In KomPackageBuilder I created a hacked the DVS
UI to do more things and I'll probably want to do something similar with
the Monticello (but probably using the StarBrowser).  Having a
StarBrowser UI for managing packages and repositories would be a very
easy was to get an extensible UI for Monticello.  For something familiar
with both, it would be very simple to do.

- Stephen