[BUG] FileDirectory>>exists

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sun Jun 8 02:26:43 UTC 2003

A minor correction.

When I do this, the first time I point the browser (NetScape 7.1 on RH
8.0) to localhost:8080, I get a dialog:

************
You have chosen to download a file of type: "Binary Executable"
[application/octet-stream] from
http://localhost:8080/

What should Netscape do with this file?

O Open using an application
X Save this file to disk
************

Anyway, if I cancel, then Squeak hangs. If I say to Save this file to
disk, it gives me a weird filename to save. The filename changes each
time I try it-- just now it wanted to save "aut9pk86.exe". If I then
click "Save", Netscape waits forever for data to come down the line to
save. And whether I click "Save" or "Cancel", Squeak is hung-- I have to
kill it and relaunch.

Anyway, I do think it is related to the same problem you reported.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby