[FIX] creation of a LineMorph ([sm] [cd] doubts about this)

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sat Mar 8 22:25:38 UTC 2003

Before jumping into adopting this "fix", please look at the class
comment of LineMorph.

If I understand Dan's intentions correctly, LineMorph (which adds no
instance variables and has no instance-side methods) is never
intended to be instantiated; all instantiation calls to LineMorph are
*expected* to result in instances of vanilla PolygonMorph.

Thus, Dan's use of the hard-coded "PolygonMorph" in LineMorph
class-side method #from:to:color:width: was decidedly intentional,
and the proposed "easy to understand fix" violates that intention.

Cheers,

   -- Scott