[BUG] DVS cross-platform file error

Eric Scharff scharffe at cs.colorado.edu
Fri May 2 22:32:45 UTC 2003

For the curious, I tracked down why the changes button was broken for
me in DVS.

The problem seems to be how DVS uses CrLfFileStream.

BUG:  DVS fileOuts on a stock Mac OS X VM (3.5.0Beta8 VM, Squeak
3.5-5180) have DOS (CRLF) line endings, but when they read in, they
expect Mac cr line endings.  If you change the line endings from a DVS
fileOut from CRLF to CR line endings, the changes button works properly.

DISCUSSION:  On my 3.5 Unix VM, things properly save and load with Unix
line endings.  I'd really want things to save with Unix line endings
anyway because I want to use DVS with CVS.  So, I ran
	CrLfFileStream defaultToLF

but DVS doesn't seem to honor this.

I'd like DVS to either properly use CRLF file stream (so that they save
and load in the same format) or simply to use CVS-friendly LF format.

-Eric