Convincing a harvester (was on SqF list)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed May 7 01:59:05 UTC 2003

Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> Which makes me think ... perhaps I'm really fighting for the name more than
> the content. I want the name "Squeak" be associated with a playful media
> environment, not with a "development architecture".

But while maybe most people first got wowwed by the media, I don't think
its what most people in this community end up messing around with.

I think each one ends up doing his own thing, which Squeak is pretty
wonderful at supporting, and can be made to support even better.

> (see www.squeak.org today). What a difference :-( Somehow I'm still trying
> to live by the "old dream" of Squeak but it seems that this is no longer the
> goal for the driving forces in this community. Sigh...

There you go again with "the goal". I think there's place enough in
Squeak for several groups, with different but compatible goals, each
expressed in their own ideal release image.

> Sadly,
>   - Andreas

Daniel, Perplexed.