fix-finder tool (was Re: Convincing a harvester (was on SqF

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Wed May 7 19:23:01 UTC 2003

Tim and list,

> <diegogomezdeck at consultar.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's talk about wich tools we need to make the process smooth. I
>> offer to program it.
> Good man!
>>
>> Initial set of features:
>> - publish a changeset to the "repository"
> I think this is partially covered already; by mailing a changeset to
> the list the sqfixes filter already grabs it and 'all we need' is a way
> to treat the results as a convenient repository. I'd claim that the
> current format is not too convenient because you get huge lists and
> little navigation support to help one find any interesting or relevent
> entries. My theory is that we can do better and that possibly using the
> FTP access already available would be good. Another possibility that
> has just occured to me is that a variation of SM would have some
> virtues. Instead of simply installing any change (danger!) it would
> fetch the whole bundle of messages and changes associated with a
> bug/fix/enh.

I was thinking about using a swiki page.  This page is *only* changed from
squeak.  In this way we can continue working in a similar way that MCP/KCP
but much more automatized.

The squeak will parse and modify the page based on the features we're
talking about (changeset, comments to it, fixes to it, etc)

What about that?

Will the HTTP and the HTML stuff removed from the base-image?

Diego