[BUG] keystrokes doesn't work properly in PasteUp World (3.2 and 3.4)

Anthony Adachi adachipro at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 05:54:12 UTC 2003

Scott Wallace wrote:

>  Do you have the #honorDesktopCommandKeys preference
set to true?

Yes, that box is checked in the "general" section of
the Preferences dialog/window.

>  Let's make certain we're talking about the same
thing when speaking
>  of "desktop-command-keys." I am using this term to
refer to commands
>  that you invoke by holding the command-key down
while you type some
>  other key, and which are issued when the desktop
has keyboard focus.
>  For example, cmd-shift-L brings up a file-list,
cmd-shift-W brings up
>  a message-names tool, cmd-o brings up an "Objects
Tools", etc. Are
>  you talking about those as well?

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

>  Which specific desktop command keys
>  don't work for you when you issue them after
shift-esc?

Well, the ones you mentioned plus others like close
top most window: command + /, open up a workspace:
command + k, , open refactoring browser: command + b
ect..

By the way, cmd-shift-L which does not brings up a
file-list even if the desktop does have the keyboard
focus. Nor is that short cut listed in the "open..."
menu.

As, I said the world menu does come up upon shift-esc.
However, Squeak still behaves as if the window has the
keyboard focus.

>  In my experience, using any recent Squeak -- 3.2
onward -- the
>  desktop-command-keys *do* always work after
shift-esc, whatever the
>  keyboard focus, provided that
#honorDesktopCommandKeys is true. (At
>  least on Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS X 10.2.5).

It doesn't under Squeak 3.5 and Mac OS 9.1 on my Mac.

Thanks,

Anthony