[Newbie] GUI Development

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Nov 13 06:07:08 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 November 2003 9:22 pm, mwgrant2001 wrote:
> Frankly, I've found spotty performance (bad links, code fragments)
> with what I have found online. However, I should log my journey and
> float that to the community. I also have gained some insights and
> good starting points for more substantive or composite examples. (My
> plan is to work on those, submit them, and then become defensive when
> their inadequacies are revealed!)

All right! That's the spirit!

One thing that I'm going to try is this:

I'm teaching a friend about how to program in Squeak.

In return, he will write about his experiences. Since he's a professional
writer, this should be helpful.

We need more help in this area, as in many others.

Improving documentation is one of the best things we can do to grow the Squeak
community. People tend to make their decisions about tools pretty quickly; if
it's too frustrating to get started, those who aren't heavily motivated won't
go further.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com