squeak exit handler

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 3 03:29:21 UTC 2003

"ALR" <alr.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> Here is the code for having squeak code to handle the windows close message.
> Actually the only message handled is windows close, but it could be
> interesting to have other system notifications like iconify, sleep etc.
Without commenting particularly on the windows code (no windows machine
so I can't try it out) I like the general idea of passing in such
system events. I actually proposed it as a way to handle host window
resize events around jun 2000 or so. The big practical problem seems to
me to be that platforms do so many things, so many different ways, that
we will probably need to do platform specific handling code in the
image. This shouldn't really be a problem but it does mean more effort
to make it clean.

tim
Death is a nonmaskable interrupt.