[ENH][MVC] Transcript openThenDo: aBlock

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Apr 17 19:00:22 UTC 2004

In MVC, it is not possible to open a transcript and write to it from
a single method. This change set provides an #openThenDo: method
that addresses the problem.

	Transcript openThenDo: [Transcript show: 'hello world']

This works for both MVC and Morphic, but is needed only for MVC.

Question for Ned: Is there any reason that DeferredActionStandardSystemController
should not be merged into StandardSystemController? I cannot think of
any reason that it would cause a problem or noticeably affect performance.
I added a DeferredActionStandardSystemView for this change set just to
keep things separated, but I think it would be better just to pull your
deferred action mechanism into the standard class.

Based an a question from Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene, posted as an [ENH] in
case anyone else finds it useful.

Dave