[BUG]Unable to load BFAV, various problems

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Apr 20 16:02:29 UTC 2004

Frank Shearar wrote:

>I understand some people have started fixing up FileDirectory et al.
>
>Does the changeset of my previous email fix BFAV sufficiently, in the
>meantime?
>
>Further, can I take it that those who know better than I agree with Brent
>Vukmer's comment that "I have to say, I don't see how quickerFileExists:
>(with your fixes, Frank) could hurt anybody.." ?
>
>I'd like to get this changeset into BFAV pronto, if it's sensible.

Short term, I think it's okay to add FileDirectory>>quickerFileExists:
to BFAV.  Then, as soon as Tim (or whoever) fixes
FileDirectory>>fileExists: properly, remove quickerFileExists: and use
fileExists: instead.

I assume that in your new version of BFAV, no existing methods in
FileDirectory would be touched/overwritten, and only quickerFileExists:
would be added (which is considerably safer than overwriting).

- Doug