[ANN] Preview of Squeak interface to wxWidgets

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Apr 27 22:06:12 UTC 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 2:46 PM, Rob Gayvert wrote:

> I have posted a snapshot of my efforts to blend Squeak with the
> wxWidgets
> GUI library

Cool!

>   - Uses synchronous callbacks to Squeak via interpret()

Can you elaborate on this?  I've always understood that this was a Bad
Idea, though never entirely grokked why.  It sounds like you had to
make some modifications to get this to work - are they modifications
that would make sense to incorporate into the base VM, and if not, why
not?  Naively, it sure would be nice to have something like
interpreterProxy->perform(oop, selector, args) ...

Avi