Can't install MySQL driver

Jan B. Krejci jbk at umim.net
Tue Aug 31 15:44:02 UTC 2004

V Út, 31. 08. 2004 v 17:05, Dan Winkler píše:
> And if I want to use a serious relational database with the current
> image it would have to be PostgreSQL, right?
>
> Which of these approaches do most people use when they want to use a
> database with Squeak?  Or do people use databases with Squeak?
>
> More particularly, I'm interested in what database solution people use
> with Seaside since databases are so useful for so many types of web
> applications.  I know I could consider some kind of object oriented
> database like GOODS, but that seems to offer only persistence, not the
> automatic indexing and fast searching on any part of the data that SQL
> databases can do.

a bit off topic: I wanted to use GOODS with Seaside, but have had not
enough time to make GOODS server runnable from Squeak on Linux
(currently the server package is built for Windows only, with notice
that "it can be rewritten for others using OSProcess"). Does anybody
have the version for Linux?

.:jbk:.
Jan B:. Krejci