Help, Squeak is not responding

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Fri Dec 3 22:11:51 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 16:53, Jan B. Krejčí wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:46:29 -0500, Jason Rogers
>
> <jacaetevha at fast-mail.org> wrote:
> > When I start up squeak from the command line I get my typical Squeak
> > window. Most of the contents are from the last run of squeak (sometimes
> > they are all there, sometimes not) but Squeak is not responding to
> > anything.  Alt-. doesn't work, no menus come up when I click the buttons,
> > nothing.  I also don't see any indication in SqueakDebug.log of what is
> > going on.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this before?  Does anyone know of anything I can do to
> > try to figure out what is going on?
>
> poor boy, I feel with you :-) I have had the same trouble. I remember
> there IS a way to copy classes from other image - see
>
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2002-November/046204
>.html
>
> good luck. anyway - I have corrupted/blocked my image many times when
> I was developing some multithreaded code. Usually I ended up with the
> image not responding to any input at all. I wandered if there is a way
> to tell squeak to start in something like "emergency" mode, running
> only the threads absolutely necessary to live?

And the really baffling thing is that it was working fine when I closed it
down.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20