Smalltalk language limitation ?

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Sun Dec 5 22:43:28 UTC 2004

>> I am getting to this point and the method compiler is responding saying
>> "Argument name expected ->"
>>
>> Argument name expected ->anotherMethod: aParameter
>> "This method does something with aParameter, but for now it will
>> just halt so I can see it in a debugger."
>>
>> | myTempVar |
>>
>> myTempVar _ aParameter.
>> self halt. "self doSomething might go here"
>> ^ myTempVar
>>
>> What am I doing wrong ?
>>
> Does your Browser look similar to the attached? (sorry for the 13k png
> ...)

Yes, but it was not Accepting it for some reason, but now it is working
fine, retried again and it was fine, so I do not know what I was doing
wrong.

I also am finding that I do something in the workspace once and it does not
work then doing it again and it does with no obvious difference that I can
determine right now, maybe with a bit more experience I will see why.

Aaron