Browser feature suggestion

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu Dec 9 02:39:06 UTC 2004

>> It would be nice if Squeaks browsers had backwards and forwards buttons
>> like on most internet browsers.
>
> Yes, I agree that we need some way to save the current state of the
> browser so that we can come back to it later. I frequently find myself
> wanting to go check something and then come back to where I am.

Drop down / combo boxes would be good for the find class... text entry
field.

With that, just found the "recent classes..." menu item on the System
Browser's top left pane left menu button menu. So the information is there,
and thats a good useful feature that forfills the role for now.

> I suspect that we don't really want to keep every point in the history
> though, because that ends up being too fine grained.

Just the life of that Browser window.

> The useful thing is to be able to set bookmarks at interesting points and
> then be able to jump back to them.

Bookmarks would probably be good as well.