Browser feature suggestion

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Fri Dec 10 04:46:22 UTC 2004

"Richard A. O'Keefe" wrote:

> In effect, this stack of title bars _is_ the history list.
>
> Note that I am *not* saying that better interfaces could not or should
> not be provided.  All I'm saying is that while we wait for someone to
> put such a thing together, we can get very nearly the same effect with
> what we have right now.

"Very neary the same effect" - not really. Usually I've got about
three or four windows that cover these title bars (or at least the
useful info on the right). Then if you decide to keep some of them
open, and close others, you end up with "holes" in the "list",
which then get filled with newly collapsed windows. Without
manually moving the title bars, you pretty soon lose track
of the history trail you want to quickly close.