MC in basic

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 14 21:01:23 UTC 2004

"Jeffrey T. Read" <bitwize at snet.net> wrote:

> Actually, I'm with you on this one, Andreas: I mean the whole point of
> Squeak it seems, is to be a MULTIMEDIA smalltalk, yes? If people are
> going to strip it down to the bare essentials
Well there's the rub. We have enough experience to know that 'stripping
it down' is a pain in the arse and that we( using the royal we here)
prefer to achieve different forms of Squeak by being able to start from
something as basic as we can manage to produce and then _adding_ stuff
to create other images.

I can't say I've seen a single hint of anyone saying there should not be
a released image with {lots of stuff like 3d, sound, blah blah}.

What is the problem here? Do I need to spend my limited time and money
to arrange a would tour to dopeslap some of you guys? Stop damn whining
and get on with having fun.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CCC: Crash if Carry Clear