Help: Squeak Browser Plugin - Loading Project Fails in Browser

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Wed Dec 22 13:08:10 UTC 2004

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your explanation. I opened the changes-set that has the name of my
project, selected "make changes go to me" and imported the "other" change-set
i think the game is using, and I see how classes from there are added to the
changeset (and I assume eventually to my "Game.pr" after "export").

However, I have a problem of not understanding something deeper. I tried to
"save on file"(export) my "Game.pr" project several times, copy it to my web
site, and try to load from a Web Browser (http...). For every "save on file"
I get a different error when loading the project from the Web Browser. So far
I saw these:

        Error: VMMakerTool is missing
        Error: BalloonHelp is missing
        Error: LanguageEditor is missing
        Error: Wonderland is missing

I have no idea why, apart from thinking the exported project somehow maintains
pointers to classes in the image (v. 3.7) from which I export. I never
developed in Smalltalk so this is a mysterious area to me. I would like to
have some way , when still in the original image, to look at where the
classes referenced in the errors are pointed to in my Game, or perhaps
ability to examine the exported "Game.pr".

There is one thing I have to mention. During "save on file" I get this error:

'Some block(s) which reference instance variables
are included in this segment. These may fail when
the segment is loaded if the class has been reshaped.
What would you like to do?'
                                trueChoice: 'keep going'
                                falseChoice: 'stop and take a look'.

Is there perhaps anything I can do if I stop (this just takes me to the
debugger, but I am not clear what I could do to remove those "referenced
instance variables".

Sorry this is long, I am just trying to summarize, in case someone had a
similar problem and can give me some help for the next step,

Thanks Milan

PS: Scott sorry I originally sent  to you not the list