Questions about SqueakLand plugin

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Sun Feb 15 06:13:00 UTC 2004

Hey folks,

I am experimenting with delivering some Squeak apps via the browser
plugin and was wondering about a few things:

1. Is the installer configuration is available anywhere? (the scripts
to build the install executable, etc.) I would like to build my own
custom image and package it in a similar fashion to the way SqueakLand
does it now.

2. Is there any information available about SecurityManager and what
the startup routine is when loading a project from a web site? What are
the default permissions and can these be changed with an .sts file? Any
hints or even, "Go look at this class and figure it out from there"
would be great!

3. If there was additional media that my app could download once run,
does the sandbox model of the plugin allow it to be stored anywhere?

This is great stuff!

Brian