How to improve Squeak

tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 12 04:45:38 UTC 2004

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Sunday 11 July 2004 2:36 pm, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
>[snip]
>>We need something similar to a CVS with an update/commit process based
>>on trusted core developers. And I think we may try to put something like
>>that in place pretty soon - there have been a few experiments. And even
>>if we don't put that in place for the image - it is used or can be used
>>for the packages being broken out of the image.
>>

> I absolutely agree with this. I think we should make it easier for our more
> experienced and trusted developers to get fixes into the system.

[snip]
I _almost_ agree; the difference being that I would specify 'trusted
core reveiwers' rather than developers. Whilst in many cases these would
be the same people it is alos entirely feasible to have reviews done by
quite different persons. Except for the tiniest most localised cases
(I'm a pretty trustable person for self-approving RISC OS specific
changes for example) nobody should approve their own code. The wider the
effect of the change the more careful a review it should get.

tim