About Tweak to replace Morphic

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Thu Jul 15 21:54:12 UTC 2004

> And if we could get rid of
> Morphic and use Tweak to build user interface this would be great (at
> least for me).
>
> Stef

I don't know if Tweak is the way, or maybe a better Morphic or some another
tools to help build "normal" UIs with Morphic, but I agree with this feeling
of Stef. Several of us (I'm sure) need some tools to build UIs with Squeak.

My personal feeling is far from the plugins and external things, I prefer
"all inside the image" as says one of the Principles of Design of Smalltalk.

Being Squeak open source, anyone may tell me "Well, develop what you need",
unfortunately a project of this magnitude is out of the scope of my
knowledgment and also of my free time. But I think that "something" to build
UIs fast (or at least to generate some of the trivial but needed code, as
positions, sizes, alignment, validations, etc) is highly needed to Squeak.

Just my two cents.

gsa.