How to improve Squeak (InternalThreadNavigationMorph question)

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 17 11:50:34 UTC 2004

David,

Thanks for the hints.

I played with making the "parent/root project" the first project in the
presentation and that works well for being able to jump back to the "parent".
As well, I played with just creating the "Presentation Pages" directly from
the InternalThreadNavigationMorph(ITNM) as you suggested by doing:

	click "edit this thread"
	click "make a new project" (the middle image on ITNM)
	drop new project on presentation thread

This works very nicely in that it does not unnecesarily display those
"Presentation Pages" on the "parent project", just lists them in the ITNM
(but see 2 below).

There are a few complaints I would have from a UI perspective .. I'll just
list them to get it off my mind :)

	1) The most confusing thing: If I click on the ITNM middle button and do
"simply close this navigator". it disappears and I do not have any another
way to get back to it, apart from dragging a NEW ITNM. Maybe I missed
something ...

	2) Within Squeak, the presentation pages created as described above are
visible on "jump to project" as standalone "projects" - which they are but it
would be far more natural if the InternalThreadNavigationMorph (ITNM) becomes
a "Parent Project" on the "jump to project" list (or there could be a menu
item in world for "presentations/navigations" that would list the ITNMs)  ..
the way it is now is confusing because it "flattens" all pages of all
presentation I may have and clutters the project list way too much ...

	3) I do not see and easy way to save the presentation, I think that is what
you are describing below

Thanks again for the suggestion, including copy and publishing to web server,
have to try some day,

Milan