Some comments (was Back to the issue... (was RE: Squeak

Richard Staehli rastaehli at mac.com
Wed Mar 3 18:11:33 UTC 2004

Traits (http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~scg/Research/Traits/) are first class
interfaces?  I understand we could have them in Squeak soon if more
were able to help.

I think it is important to question the assertion: "Smalltalk would be
harder to write because I would have to be consistent...".  It seems
very possible that the additional complexity and power of Traits,
namespaces, components, whatever can be supported by tools that make
programming easier in every way except backward compatibility.  Not to
say that writing such tools is easy.

Richard