[Q[ What is the correct VM for OS X 10.3.3 ?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun May 2 16:53:53 UTC 2004

Hi, if I could get a few folks to check to see if there is an issue,
that would be great. I just
downloaded it and couldn't recreate any problem.

Yes, Ian and I have as a summer task to merge the unix/carbon os-x VM
and decide how to distribute/upkeep the
Classic OS-X VM (OS-7.5.5-OS-9.2.x).

Right now it's distributed in the os-x carbon VM. But we could revert
back to having a separate
VM if people think that makes sense?

On May 1, 2004, at 3:32 AM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 30/04/04 19:52, "John M McIntosh" <johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, os-x carbon VM before 3.6.1b2 will crash under os-x 10.3.x, this
>> is
>> an Apple bug/feature.
>>
>> 3.6.1b7 is the preferred 3.6.1 VM.
>>
>> 3.7.3b4 is the VM of the day, which is faster, fixes a occasional
>> crash
>> at startup time,
>> and has the proper unicode support for the "m17n" package
>

> John:
> 3.7.3b4  was downloaded from your page and don't work.
> That is because I asking how to solve and have 10.3 and Squeak working
> together.
>
> Thanks you !
>
> Edgar

===