Plugin questions and troubleshooting

Jason Dufair jase at dufair.org
Fri May 21 17:56:33 UTC 2004

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> writes:

>> 2) It appears that my plugin isn't loading properly somehow.  When I
>>    compile it as an external plugin, the Smalltalk code after the
>>    <primitive...> call executes (i.e. something fails, primitive-wise).
>>    When I compile it as an internal plugin, the VM won't start (I get a
>>    dialog box about the application failing to initialize).  Does anyone
>>    have suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?
>
> The error message most likely means that some dll which is required doesn't
> exist. This can happen if you link an "import library" instead of the actual
> code (the import library allows you to specify that function foo resides in
> dll bar without having to use the equivalent of dlopen() and dlsym()
> manually). Does the OpenSSL plugin require any further dlls? Or is the
> library itself an import library (e.g., the system can't find opensll.dll or
> whatever it's called)?

The OpenSSL that I got from http://curl.haxx.se/download.html has 2
mingw-compiled DLLs, libssl32.dll and libeay32.dll.  It appears that all
the code is in libeay32.dll and that perhaps libssl32.dll is the import
library.  When I try to link against libssl32.dll, I get the following
compile errors:

OpenSSLPlugin.o(.text+0x1bf):OpenSSLPlugin.: undefined reference to
`AES_set_encrypt_key'
OpenSSLPlugin.o(.text+0x1d3):OpenSSLPlugin.: undefined reference to
`AES_cbc_encrypt'

and when I try to link against libeay32.dll, I get no errors at all.

I double-checked, and DLLs are in my path.  I even copied them to the
same dir as Squeak.exe, to the same result.

Any other ideas about what I'm doing wrong?
Jason Dufair - jase at dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
"Wish I was a headlight on a northbound train
I'd shine my light through the cool Colorado rain"
-- The Grateful Dead