REMINDER: Harvesting Party Monday November 1st 16:00 GMT

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Nov 2 17:38:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 06:23 -0800, Roy Garris wrote:
> Absolutely. There I was with Squeak all fired up, ready to dive in an
> follow along...and maybe...just maybe...find a useful contribution to
> make during a Harvesting party.
>
> The result? A couple of comments about the Yankees and Red Sox. I kept
> thinking...was I on the wrong #squeak channel? Why didn't all the other
> folks logged in to the channel have anything to say? Where was the
> harvesting?

Uh.  I think you must have indeed been in the wrong place.  Or are you
trying to make a joke?  I don't think I was there the entire time but I
was certainly there most of the time and although little harvesting
discussion occurred I sure don't remember and MLB discussion.
Interestingly enough no such discussion occurs in the logs either:

http://tunes.org/~coreyr/read.php?chan=squeak&date=04.11.01

Did you connect to irc.freenode.net (or any of the many servers on the
Freenode network) and go to #squeak?  If not that's where you want to
be.  Perhaps you went to irc.parcplace.net?  We used to have a bridging
bot that would connect both channels but I just now notice it's not
around anymore.  If that's where you were I'm surprised anyone was there
as there rarely has been in the past.  (I just checked and no one is
around now either).

> Will the next one be any better?

That's up to you.  Always (and I mean ALWAYS) feel free to interject
with Squeak/Harvesting discussion and don't be afraid to interrupt,
especially when the discussion is offtopic.  We are pretty good about
not being too offtopic (I couldn't stay on the channel if it was
anything like other channels I won't name.) but it happens sometimes.

The main purpose of the scheduled harvesting parties to my mind is to
give newcomers a place to go and have some expectation of finding
someone to answer fundamental questions.  But questions are only
answered when they are asked, so please don't hesitate.

Ken