Fwd: m17n Digest, Vol 13, Issue 1

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Oct 7 22:00:18 UTC 2004

  Jan,

  Can you tell me which characters do you need to represent Czech and
Slovak?  I imagine that we would want to allocate new "language tag"
for extended latins.  That'll make it easier to load/unload the fonts.

  Other than that, as Bert responded, localization is *relatively*
easy.  I'm not sure what kind of keycode is passed to the Squeak VM
running on X11 Unix/Linux environments, but the non conversion option
of Squeak VM should do what you want it to do.

  See the subclasses of InputInterpreter and ClipboardInterpreter and
define something you want to do.  You may want to define a subclass of
TextConverter to convert ISO Latin 2 or other Windows code page
from/to the Squeak internal representation.  See CP1253TextConverter
and ISO88597TextConverter that are used for Greek.

-- Yoshiki