Merging in Monticello and loosing extensions method

Samir Saidani saidani at info.unicaen.fr
Thu Oct 14 17:49:23 UTC 2004

Hi all,

We are working on Collections-Graphs right now with Michaël and have a
problem with extensions method and merging. We are using Squeak 3.7
and updated version of Monticello and Package Loader.

I found merging in Monticello a bit difficult. I vaguely remember that
we have spoken about it with Avi, but I still don't understand the
interest of "keep" and "reject" buttons, they don't work for me : I
would like to choose the methods I would like to merge, and those I
reject, but don't find the right way to do it (This is the expected
behaviour of the "keep" and "reject" features ?). For the moment, I
select each method and install it one by one thanks to the popup
menu. Do you know a more efficient way to do it ?

We tried too to merge two packages of Collections-Graphs, and
extensions methods mysteriously disappeared. When I try to recompile a
new package, the extensions methods does not appear. So at first
glance, the problem doesn't come from a misconfiguration, I verified
it and it worked well with previous version. At the second glance, it
seems that our methodCategoryPrefix which was '*graph' is not handle
anymore by the new package loader version. So renaming by
'*collections-graphs' works now. So take care !

Regards,
Samir

--
Samir SAIDANI