Class comments!?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Oct 25 12:33:09 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Blake" == Blake  <blake at kingdomrpg.com> writes:

Blake> I also thought it was telling that in the last couple of weeks there
Blake> was a  correction to the Time class comment--because the existing one
Blake> was wrong  (and misleading)!

And that's also why everyone shouldn't just "pick a class and comment it".
A misleading comment is worse than *no* comment.

I'd probably have to stare at a class for quite a while before I felt
confident enough to provide a class comment.  After all, the class
comment is about the "why", which is the piece that *isn't*
discernable from the code!