Schedule for 3.8

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Sep 19 20:23:32 UTC 2004

Hi people!

Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We discussed some time ago the schedule for 3.8.
>
> Back then it was said that some parts of the community need a stable
> release
> with m17n soon, so one idea was to have a 3.8 with just m17n and
> bugfixes.
>
> Question: Are those in need of that stable release willing to invest
> some time (or the
> substitute) into making this a reality?

I sure hope so.

> For me I can only say that I am not that thrilled to have a boring
> beta/alpha/gamma/full image
> phase again just now, so I am relecutant to coordinate it. (I don't
> need it, and it's not fun).

You are excused Marcus - you have done so much anyway! :)

> So if there is a group who really needs that stable release, I think
> those should organize to
> coordinate it. With someone taking the lead, we could have a 3.8 in 3-4
> weeks and start
> to have fun in 3.9 soon.
>
> What do people think?
>
>                Marcus

Since I am currently "on the bench" not really participating much I
don't really "have a saying" in this but what Marcus says seems sound -
those who wanted the short release should stand up and grab the rudder
for it.

regards, Göran