[ANN] 3.9alpha6680

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Aug 18 09:54:04 UTC 2005

>> I'm guessing he's talking about following the update stream from 3.8
>> final, which you can do by setting the SystemVersion to 3.9alpha and
>> longer than just downloading the new 3.9alpha-6680 zip, so it's not
>> recommended.

> I talking of when I try, not for now.
>
> Yes ,I read what could take a long time.
>
> I do this for having a Squeak3.9a-6678.image what by mistake
> believe was the
> "new official 3.9" and reporting of bugs, loading packages, etc for
> this,
> until I realize all different 3.9 on servers (with and without
> Diego look)
> was abandoned.
>
> Could be a good idea rip all this experimental work ?

I do not think that this was experimental and we should not throw it
away.
Sure we should mark it as what it is.
If diego wants to work on that and arrive to a version that is
working fast
enough we would include.

> Clean space on servers and avoid fools like me take the wrong path.
>

>> Also, after you do this, the image is much larger because all the
>> packages are also stored in the in-image MC cache, so I think that's
>> what he's referring to with the huge image.  To get back to a
>> normal-sized image you have to flush the caches, which can be done in
>> the MC browser.  Also, we did this in update 6677.
>>

> How to flush the cache ?
>
> And again , very , very thanks for hard work to all masters.

Come Edgar stop refering to us as masters. We are just normal people
learning
from errors and reading the code :)

Stef