Squeak 3.8-6665 with Mac OS X VM 3.8.9beta7 very slow

Yar Hwee Boon hboon at motionobj.com
Tue Dec 27 07:42:57 UTC 2005

I've just started a fresh Squeak 3.8-6665 running with Mac OS X VM
3.8.9beta7. I've loaded some web development stuff including Seaside,
Magma. Morphic response seems horribly slow compared to 3.7. CPU util
reads 90-100% when dragging a workspace for eg. and it takes a few
seconds to actually see it move. Does anyone know what could be wrong
or what diagnostics I can do? I'm on a 1.2 GHz iBook with enough RAM,
if it matters at all. Thanks!

--
Hwee Boon
http://motionobj.com/blog/