Clastic port?

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 18:26:35 UTC 2005

> Should I just create one class (the "Clean" object?) with tons of
instance-side
> methods (one per function definition)?

No.  Classes with tons of methods tend to have too much responsibility and are
hard to maintain.  While it sometimes turns that way (i.e., Morph), I would not
consider it something to do deliberately.

"When in doubt, make an object."

> I'm also thinking that I would like to use Andreas' extensions to
> method invocation to simplify the syntax of having lots of arguments.

I'd stay away from magic when plain objects will do just fine.

Lots of arguments makes things harder to use and maintain as well.  Why not
have a first-class object, a ClasticFigureSpec or ClasticDefinition or
something like that.  Separate the definition-of-the-drawing from the drawing
itself.

Hope this helps,
  Chris