Shrinking sucks!

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Feb 4 10:04:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:33:48 +0100, Jan B. Krejčí <janbkrejci at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In my opinion this can lead to smallest and cleanest image possible
> which will change only ocassionaly (I believe there is nothing much to
> be improved on Object)

Yup. However, you need to have tooling around it (remote debugging,
etcetera) to work on the image, etcetera. It makes the process decidedly
less trivial than when you have everything in a single image, tools
etcetera.

I'm a bit worried that this minimal image will take quite some time to get
really good. Whereas there are acceptable small images available right
now, and my idea is that we could take it from two directions: upwards,
building distributions on it; downwards, slicing it down towards the
ultimate goal of a 'kernel' image.