Two clarifications on the leadership (was RE: [ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!)

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Wed Feb 16 19:52:38 UTC 2005

willem van den ende wrote:

> I am glad :-) some people stepped up and are prepared to carry the burden of
> leadership.

aol! (which translates to: me too) :)

Looking at other big community processes:
debian: AFAIC democracy. But we do not have the community process
implemented debian has.
linux (kernel): discussions welcome. If ending up in circles, enter King
Linus (and there are working monarchies even in politics) and thus spoke
the lord: "...".
apache foundation: hmm, don't know exactly... the model SqF wants to
implement when the birth is done?

There is one tv game show in germany. Every second show they'll make an
'expiriment' showing that a group strongly reacts to leaders (even if
not elected) or that a group without leaders loses orientation :)

And, knowing how boring it is just to organize than to do (you'll never
see that if you're told to do by someone who manages you), I think the
squeaders (hey, read it twice, so it must be some sort of a name) have
taken a hard job (and even unpaid at the short run).

Best regards, Markus

Sarcastic remark:
As a citizen of the european union looking at the process of the
government trying to implement their idea of software patents, I'll have
to admit: I do not seem to be used to democracy, only some sort economic
dictatorship which was fairly well marketed as democracy for decades now. :/

--
http://reauktion.de/archer/