[Newbie] [RFI] For a given class how do I enumerate all the messages sent to self?

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Sat Feb 19 21:56:23 UTC 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 12:36 pm, Peace Jerome wrote:
> So first step find all messages a class sends to self
> and/or super.
> Second step find out if that class understands them.
> Third step report the slips.
>
> I'm a newbie to the classes that would be useful to do
> this. And I figure that this is probably trival for
> someone on this list.

The easiest way is to use the RefactoringBrowser's Code Finder tool for this.
You can make an expression to detect these, and then it can be used as part
of the SmallLint.

Of course, there may already be a check for this in SmallLint.

Some time ago I posted a fix for the RB to locate sends of missing methods and
deprecated methods; I don't know if it's been incorporated or not. The
methods on the class side were being ignored for certain kinds of checks.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/